2024 Board Elections
The ETENA needs a powerful leadership team to lead us in 2024.
If you would like to nominate someone or yourself, email Katheryn Johnston, Secretary.
Positions open (full descriptions below)
- Director 1: filled (Debbra Graves will go into year 2)
- Director 2
- Director 3
- Voting members of ETENA in good standing.
Terms of Office
- All positions except Director: 1 year
- Directors: 2 years
- Terms begin Jan. 1
- Four quarterly business meetings per year
- Additional meetings may be called by President if needed. Conference call meetings are also utilized.
Elections chair: Katheryn C. Johnston (in place of Tim Hernandez, Immediate Past President). Board will serve as elections committee.
- Sept. 7: Call for nominations – email sent to all members, posts on social media and website.
- Sept. 20: End of call for nominations
- Sept. 21: Nominations vetting. Special Board Meeting to ensure nominations are qualified.
- Sept. 21: Ballot posted. Ballot of nominations will be emailed to members.
- Oct. 5: Election and meeting. KCJ will present electronic votes.
- Oct. 6: 2024 Board announced.
Board of Directors Position Descriptions (Per ETENA Bylaws)
- President. The President shall be the chief executive officer, and shall in general supervise and control the affairs of East Texas ENA. Except as otherwise provide by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors or the President, only the President may take official action, make public statements, or otherwise hold himself or herself out to the public as authorized to act on behalf of the East Texas ENA and all such actions must be approved, in advance, by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors. The President may sign, with the Secretary or any other proper officer of East Texas ENA authorized by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors, any contracts, or other instruments which the East Texas ENA Board of Directors has authorized to be executed, except in cases where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors or by these bylaws or by the statute to some other officer or agent of the East Texas ENA. The President shall preside at all meetings of the East Texas ENA members and Board of Directors; except as otherwise provided in these bylaws, shall appoint the chair of all committees and, in consultation with the chair, make all committee appointments; and in general shall perform all duties incident to the office of President and such other duties as may be prescribed by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors. The President shall automatically succeed to the office of Immediate Past President at the end of his or her term in office as President.
- Members do not vote for President, the President-Elect automatically assumes role the following year.
- President-Elect. The President Elect shall perform any duties assigned by the President, succeed to the office of President at the expiration of the President’s term or in the event the position of President becomes vacant, the President- Elect becomes the President. In addition, the President-Elect will exercise all responsibilities and privileges as an officer of the East Texas ENA, select Committee Chairs and Chair elects that will become vacant during their presidential year, and serve as an active member of the Bylaws & SOP review and change process.
- Secretary. The Secretary shall keep or cause to be kept the minutes of the meetings of the East Texas ENA Board of Directors and voting members; shall see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws or as required by law; shall be custodian of the corporate records; and shall in general perform all the duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors.
- Treasurer. The Treasurer shall be responsible for all funds and securities of the East Texas ENA; shall receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the East Texas ENA from any sources whatsoever, and shall deposit all such monies in the name of the East Texas ENA in such banks, trust companies, or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws; shall submit financial reports annually: to the National ENA, the Texas ENA State Council Board of Directors, and to the East Texas ENA at its regular meetings, and shall in general perform all the duties incident to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors.
- Immediate Past President. The Immediate Past President shall perform all duties incident to the office of Immediate Past President and such other duties as may be specified by the President or by the East Texas ENA Board of Directors.
- Members do not elect this position
- Directors (3). The Directors will assist with the management of the East Texas ENA and perform duties as assigned by the President.